Notes For Teachers
- Current password for this entry test is in the 'teachers area' - login as usual to find it, at the bottom of the school data pages. it is NOT your school password!
- Schools must have completed teacher and class names (customised your account) to use this test.
- This is primarily an aptitude test and minimal content knowledge is required. It is typically used to gain a benchmark for students entering a school in years 7-10.
- Grading for this test has switched from a national curriculum grade to a GCSE predictor 9-1. The grade is not visible to students.
- Final percentages and grades will appear in your teachers' area results.
- Test should take about 50 minutes or less, with 40 questions.
- This test is hard! The average is about 56% - scores vary widely and analysis shows it is an excellent predictor of future GCSE performance. The best way to predict science ability? With science questions!
If you have new students arriving in school this is a great way to quicky assess ability on arrival and see their potential.
Recent Analysis: Reviewing data over many years, this test is more accurate than MIDYIS/YELLIS for predicting science GCSE outcomes. And it's free!