10 minutes maximum! Can you do it in 5?
1. Any (micro)organism that causes disease is called a ...
|2-5: These questions are about specific diseases. Choose the correct microorganism that causes the diseases:|
|2. Cholera, salmonella and tuberculosis|
|3. HIV (leading to AIDS)|
|4. Rose black spot and chalara ash dieback|
|6. Which of the following statements about viruses is correct?
7. Disease can be spread in many ways. Which of the following rows correctly describes how Malaria and HIV are transmitted?
8. Some diseases can be spread in small droplets when people sneeze or cough. This includes...
9. Some diseases are caused by lifestyle choices. Which diseases are commonly caused by excessive alcohol consumption and smoking?
10. Which word best completes this sentence?
"Symptoms of salmonella infection include fever, abdominal cramps, vomiting and diarrhoea, caused by __________ and the toxins they secrete."